– Where we hold ourselves to account for the obscene number of ongoing projects we may or may not have.
I’ve had a bit of a creative block happening this week. I guess I didn’t really feel all that enthused by the inescapable end-weaving doom that is this blanket. But somehow I managed to find my motivation last night, and managed a further 3 squares’ worth. So that’s 12 down, 23 to go!
I had to have a think about my (essential) on-the-go project, too. This blanket, now that it’s assembled, is too bulky to take out and about with me. And I don’t like having to worry about colour combinations for my Scrappy Sunburst Project when I’m rushing to get out the door, so that’s no good either. So, I’ve returned to the old faithful Pixel Scrappy Blanket as my on-the-go project.
One ball of yarn, one hook. Small squares. Easy to transport and not too much thinking to do.
I have it in my head that I want this scrappy blanket to be single bed sized. I just love a woolly blanket on a bed, and since my boys have both upgraded from toddler beds now, I need to up my game!
You will notice a missing project this week. I did manage to finish Jake the Dog! I have yet to take proper pictures of him yet, but I should be done a Tada post for him by the end of the week. Being Wednesday, I knew I had to write this post so what better way to announce the completion of Jake than to start his adoptive brother Finn? I unearthed the yarn from my stash, pulled up the pattern PDF on my iPad and settled down on the sofa whilst my darling child had a nap. Could I find the correct size hook?
Of course not.
I’m certain I had two of this size hook. I had a purple one and plain silver. Of this I am sure as both Jake and the Neon Love Mitts used the same hook which I kept switching between them. I remember finding an extra one and thinking I should put it with the project that didn’t have a hook so they would both have hooks. Obviously I did not do that, that would be the sensible and easy thing to do. I then decided to go through my living room wip area to find it, which led to pulling out the sofa which led to a massive area of destruction.
Despite this, both hooks elude me.
The positive of this however is that I reorganised the bag with my Granny Ripple Blanket!
Yes, my long languishing blanket has been pulled out and I have restarted the row that I am on. I really need to work on this more. Fun fact – I bought Katy and me the Attic 24 Granny Stripe Blanket Colour Pack for her birthday in 2014. Katy has long since finished her blanket and made several others including a beautiful hexagon blanket for my daughter. I have not moved further than two and half colour sequence repeats *hangs head in shame* I have also bought enough yarn for another blanket and have the workings of a third in my head. I won’t let myself start another until I’ve finished this one though!
I am still working on my Hermione’s Everyday Sock. I’m halfway up, or I suppose down, the leg of the second sock. They are perfect portable knitting for taking out and about. I’ve been working on them during my daughters swimming lesson and the parents of the previous group often ask me what I’m working on and make appropriate impressed sounds. I quite enjoy knitting in public, although I don’t get to do it often as I have a toddler who is less asleep than I would like when we are in knit appropriate places!